Leave inefficiency in the scrap yard
The assembly operations of this labour intensive industry, creating parts and end products that apply mechanical force to perform work, are what differentiate it from the fabrication industry. The industry is categorised into three groups: special purpose machinery, such as agricultural, or construction; commercial or service manufacturing machinery, and general purpose machinery like engines or ventilation.
The machinery and equipment industry is a mature and well established one. Many firms have carved out reputations for themselves as specialists in their niche area, therefore a lower strategic threat to their business exists. However, this does not make them immune to change. The rise of “Smart Factories” and “Industry 4.0” are forcing the companies to embrace automation and big data or else risk being left behind by the competition.
SYSPRO provides business solutions to support lean manufacture and cost efficiencies able to respond to fluctuations in the global market. SYSPRO seamlessly integrates with CAD / CAM and offers full traceability through all transactions, reducing inventories and improving capacity utilisation. The paper trail that traditionally accompanies changes to product design data is either augmented or eliminated by SYSPRO’s engineering change control module. SYSPRO factory scheduling manages the supply chain, from planning and execution to the identification and correction of potential problems.
How SYSPRO ERP can help your business
Improve Product Lifecycle Management
- Integrate with CAD systems to minimise rework
- Collaborate easily with customers and partners
- Improve accuracy with rules-based product configuration
- Automate Bills of Materials and Engineering Change Control to reduce human error – and paperwork
Optimise Supply Chain
- Improve inventory forecasting and materials planning (MRP) to optimise and reduce waste
- Maintain audit trails with lot traceability of parts and serial control
- Empower suppliers with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Handle returns and defective material issues with more efficiency
- Keep costs down with improved capacity planning and advanced scheduling tools
- Gain control over scrap, yield and rework metrics
- Enhance warehouse productivity by connecting mobile devices
- Enforce compliance with OSHA and other safety regulations
- Reduce lead times and improve customer service with quicker delivery
Boost Customer Service
- Exceed customer expectations and improve margins with more accurate quoting
- Manage special customer pricing and promotions
- Get a single view of customers, contracts and orders with integrated CRM
Enable Strategic Financial Management
- Streamline purchase orders, general ledger, cash and asset management
- Improve visibility into buying and supplier trends with built-in business analytics reporting to facilitate Value Stream Analysis
- Support multiple currencies and sites with ease
Best-in-class Industrial Machinery Manufacturing Software
Manufacturing operations management for your unique business
Whether you’re producing custom machinery or standardized components, the efficiency of your operations can make or break profitability. You need industrial machinery software designed to solve challenges across your entire manufacturing operation. SYSPRO ERP Software can help.
Take your organisation to the next level of growth with a strong, integrated technology foundation from a vendor who knows how to solve your specific industry challenges.
What our customers say about SYSPRO
Want to see SYSPRO ERP in action?
Actions speak louder than words so why not let us show you what our solutions can do. Our consultants can come to you and we’ll be able to give you a live look at how our software works and how it will help you make better business decisions.