For those who cut their own path
At NexSys we understand the challenges manufacturers face. The high cost of materials, global competition and changing customer expectations mean metal fabrication ERP needs to help businesses to maintain a competitive edge through more than just a quality product. Forecasting, Purchasing, Requirements Planning and Work in Progress modules streamline data providing improved inventory and supply chain management allowing for intelligent, data-driven, cost saving ideas. SYSPRO’s metal fabrication module links all the operations of your manufacture process, allowing your business to achieve optimal efficiency, responsiveness and throughput.
How SYSPRO ERP can help your business
- Manage outsourcing and subcontract operations as integrated processes to your production
- Accurately track the actual costs of your nesting job
- Efficiently record and consume remainder sheet offcuts
- SYSPRO’s extensive toolset provides the flexibility to integrate LME spot pricing with your costing processes, allowing you to better manage your input cost pressures
- This ensures greater flexibility in your what-if costing during quotation and estimating processes
Integration and Delivery Time
- Work collaboratively with your customers to provide them with a turnkey solution
- Multi-level bills of material for designs modelled on CAD systems can be imported into SYSPRO
- Reducing double-entry and the margin for error as well as providing a solid basis on which to calculate costs
- Integrate directly from design to quote and estimation for accurate project costs
- Track and trace metal hot-roll batches, providing recall and traceability requirements
Best-in-class Metal Fabrication ERP Software
Custom (Job Shop) Fabricators
If your shop predominantly services local manufacturing industries with specialised requirements or one-off jobs, simplicity in your systems is essential to your success. The perfect ERP solution will allow you to:
- Quote quickly and accurately – Customers often need same-day jobs and so quote turnaround time is short and must be accurate or it will affect profitability
- Increase profitability – With real-time insight into material and labour usage. As you may not have repeat orders from the same customer, ensuring each job is profitable is imperative to the bottom line.
- Perform ad-hoc scheduling and CTP – Customers may walk in with a rush job that needs to be completed the same day – can you meet your deadlines and does it impact other work? Using a CTP system allows you to create a balance between what you can produce and what customers and clients are requesting.
- Sub-contract with confidence – Because this is a capital-intensive industry, many custom metal fabricators are not big enough to own speciality machinery, thus having to rely on sub-contracting to provide a ‘full’ service/end result for their customers (coating, specialised cutting, etc.).
As a project fabricator, you might specialise in servicing a specific industry such as construction, aerospace, forestry, oil and gas. You may have a custom fabrication department that services individual customers, but your primary business is servicing the needs of a specific industry. You therefore have more sophisticated requirements and want a solution that facilitates:
- Accurate quoting – Having larger contracts, you need the quote to be complete and accurate up front in order to maintain profitability.
- Creating BOMs/Jobs based on customer CAD drawings – It is a time-consuming task to capture complicated CAD details into BOMs into an ERP. CADTalk helps alleviate this.
- Profitability – Dependent on material availability and the production processes.
- Compliance and quality – Heat-tracking and the ability to do quick recalls (mock for compliance) is important. Your ability to provide documentation that validates inspections throughout the manufacturing process and meets quality specifications with the final product is often needed.
What our customers say about SYSPRO
Want to see SYSPRO ERP in action?
Actions speak louder than words so why not let us show you what our solutions can do. Our consultants can come to you and we’ll be able to give you a live look at how our software works and how it will help you make better business decisions.